Capital Punishment - Catholic Perspective
- Abolition of the Death Penalty - Intervention by H.E. Archbishop Renato R. Martino, Apostolic Nuncio, Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations before the Third Committee of the 54th Session of the General Assembly.
- Affirming Justice and Mercy - 1996 statement of the Ohio Catholic Bishops
- A Florida Bishop Speaks Against Capital Punishment - Bishop Gracida of Pensacola-Tallahassee: June, 1976.
- A Good Friday Appeal to End the Death Penalty - A Statement of the Administrative Board of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops - April 2, 1999
- A Letter from the Kentucky Bishops (1996)
- "A Witness To Life: The Catholic Church and the Death Penalty" - Address by Cardinal Roger Mahony Archbishop of Los Angeles
- Georgia Bishops And The Death Penalty - 1980 statement by the Catholic bishops of Georgia and the Episcopal bishop of Atlanta.
- The Gospel of Life and capital Punishment: A Reflection Piece and Study Guide - 1999 statement from the California Catholic Conference.
- Iowa Catholic Bishops' Statement on Death Penalty (1998)
- Stories of Violence and Responses to It - 1995 statement by Bishop Brunett of Helena, Montana.
- The Death Penalty Supported - Archbishop Francis J. Furey of San Antonio (1973).
- The True Road to Justice - 1997 statement by Archbishop Charles J. Chaput of Denver.
- U.S. Catholic Bishops' Statement on Capital Punishment - Approved by the U.S. Bishops in November 1980
Related: Morality - General - Abortion - Euthanasia - Morality and Ethics
Papal, Episcopal and Curial Documents - Sexuality -Suicide and Assisted Suicide
Virtues - Social Justice and Peace - Science and Ethics