- Catholic World News : Pope affirms value of inter-religious dialogue
- Catholicism and Islam: A strategic dialogue - Geroge Weigel
- Mission and Interreligious Dialogue: Links
- The Role of the Catholic Universtity in Interreligious Dialogue
- Nostra Aetate [The Church and Non-Christian Religions]
- Declaration on Religious Freedom - Dignitatis Humanae
- Evangelization and Interreligious Dialogue - Pope John Paul II - Vatican, November 24, 1999
- Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue
- Pope says interreligious dialogue crucial in war against terror - Catholic News
- Pope affirms value of interreligious dialogue - Catholic News
- The Spirituality of Interreligious Dialogue (1999) - Pontifical Council for Inter-Religious Dialogue
- Dialogue with Religions of Asia Challenges from Without - Edmund Chia, FSC - Malaysia
- Dialogue with Religions of Asia Challenges from Within - Edmund Chia, FSC - Malaysia
- The Los Angeles Buddhist Catholic Dialogue
|The desire for God is written in the human heart, because man is created by God and for God; and God never ceases to draw man to himself. Only in God will he find the truth and happiness he never stops searching for...|
St. Anthony Messenger Magazine Online has published a number of interesting articles relevant to interfaith dialog. These are a source of good, brief backgrounders on the topic. We have listed some of them below:
Recognizing Our Common Roots: Catholic-Jewish Relations Today by Pat McCloskey, O.F.M.
Truths Jews, Christians and Muslims Hold in Common by Msgr. Joseph M. Champlin
"Islam is the fastest growing major religion in the world today. From a population base of 200 million in 1900, Islam grew more than fivefold during the twentieth century. The change in Muslim/Catholic demographics over the past thirty years is striking. In 1970 there were 554 million Muslims in the world, and 666 millions Catholics; by the Great Jubilee of 2000, Islam could count 1.2 billion adherents, and Catholicism almost 1.1 billion." -- World religions by the numbers by George Weigel
Our Jewish Heritage by Martin K. Barrack - "The life of our Lord and the practice of Catholics is so much prefigured in our Jewish origins. We are in the line stretching to Abraham and, as a consequence, so much of what we do and understand as Catholics reminds us of our Jewish origins."
Peter Kreeft has written a series of articles that outline the main theological and practical differences, as well as the important common elements, between Christianity and Judaism, Hinduism, and Islam.
Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue - Official Church documents on interfaith dialog and several messages on the occasion of various religious holy days and feasts.
Mission and Interreligious Dialogue: Documents - "Some pertinent articles, and references to other articles and books, which will be useful to readers interested in interreligious dialogue in the context of Jesuit ministries."
The following web sites focus on Jewish-Christian relations and provide a large number of useful documents:
Jewish-Christian Relations - "devoted to fostering mutual respect and understanding between Christians and Jews around the world. Here you will find articles, reviews, reports, official statements, and study resources on Jewish-Christian relations, as well as links to many related organizations."