Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
- Catechists Share the Good News
- Clipart RCIA
- Evangelization, Catechesis and Conversion in the RCIA Process - by Gilles Côté
- Getting Started with RCIA/CY
- How to Become a Catholic
- Information on Children's Catechumenate
- RCIA Discussion
- RCIA for Children
- RCIA Resources
- Roman Catholic Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults Resource Site
- Scrutiny by Paul Turner - Modern Liturgy Bulletin Inserts, March 1996
- Six Steps to Effective Mystagogy - by Miriam Malone, SNJM
- The Rite of Election - Fr. William Saunders
- The Catholic Information Service Society, a Jesuit organisation in India, offers online resources introducing Jesus, the Catholic faith, and the Bible for adults who have little or no knowledge of Christianity. They are written for India, but can certainly be used anywhere else in the world. The table of contents reads, in part, as follows:
- Who is Jesus?
- Correspondence courses - Notes for this course are all online and can be used without being registerd for the course.
- Bible Character for a Forthnight - A fairly extensive introuduction to one major character in the Bible. The one beeing introuduced this week is John the Baptist.
- Introduction to the Bible
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Christian Religion
- The Web site of the Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA also offers an excellent RCIA Manual called Crossing the Threshold of Faith. This manual is very well done and is well worth exploring. The introduction to this manual states:
"The RCIA Manual offers a systematic presentation of the content of faith as summarized in the Catechism of the Catholic Church in a sequence of segments that may be used by pastors and RCIA leaders over the course of an RCIA program. The overall goal of these segments is to provide RCIA participants with a substantial introduction to the tradition of the Church’s teachings and beliefs. The goal of this Resource is to inspire a “living, conscious and active faith” in the lives of RCIA participants. Each segment is designed to invite participants to a personal encounter with Jesus Christ in and through their study, reflection and discussion of the teachings of the Catholic Church. Pastors and RCIA leaders are offered a content-based pastoral resource to assist in their proclamation of the mystery of Christ to inquirers and catechumens making their RCIA journeys of faith and conversion towards the sacraments of initiation."
Related: Religious Education - Catechetics - The Creed - Prayer - Sacraments - Bible Studies - Church Documents