Early Church Personalities: Basil of Caesarea 379
- St. Basil the Great - Catholic Encyclopedia
- Prayer of Saint Basil the Great
Basil of Caesarea ("the Great") - Pugnacious saint and theologian of the Spirit
Mention the "church fathers" to a Western Christian, and Basil the Great (c.330-379) is not usually the first name to come to mind. Yet even for the Roman Catholic Church, Basil ranks with his friend Gregory of Nazianzus and John Chrysostom as one of the great propounders and defenders of the faith.
- Patron Saints Index: Basil the Great
- Basil the Great Saint. The Columbia Encyclopedia Sixth Edition. 2001
- St. Basil the Great - Short hagiography
- Saint Profile: Saint Basil the Great - byCatherine Fournier
- St. Basil the Great (329-379) - Bishop and Doctor of the Church - Catholic Information Network
- St Basil the Great - From Alban Butler's Lives of the Saints
- Basil the Great - Bishop, Theologian - by James Kiefer
- Funeral Oration on the Great S. Basil, Bishop of Caesarea in Cappadocia.
- The Hexaemeron - nine homilies delivered by St. Basil on the the cosmogony of the opening chapters of Genesis - Blomfield Jackson translation with notes
- St. Basil the Great - De Spiritu Sancto
- Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers Series II - Volume VIII. Basil: Letters and Select Works
- Francisco de Zurbarán. St. Basil. - Olga's Gallery
- Basil of Caesarea - Wikipedia
Prayer of Saint Basil on his Feast Day
"Lord our God, teach us to ask for the right blessings. Steer the vessel of our life toward You, tranquil haven of all storm-tossed souls. Show us the course wherein we should go. Renew a willing spirit within us. Let Your Spirit curb our wayward senses, and guide and enable us unto that which is our true good, to keep Your laws, and in all our works everywhere to rejoice in Your glorious and gladdening Presence. For Yours is the glory and praise from all Your saints for ever and ever. Amen."
Related: Saints - Famous Christians - Church History - Agnes - Ambrose - Anthony - Athanasius - Athenagoras - Augustine - Basil - Clement - Constantine - Cyprian - Cyril - Fabian - Fathers of the Church - Gregory
of Nazianzen - Gregory of Nyssa - Hippolytus - Ignatius - Jerome - John Chrysostome - Julian - Justin Martyr - Laurence - Leo - Lucy - Martin - Perpetua & Felicity - Polycarp - Tertullian - Valentine